Yesterday, we had the family carnival at church that Josh and I had been working on. The devil really tried to keep it from happening.
The people we rented the blow up bouncers from came and set everything up (inflation #1). While setting up they blew a fuse, and had to reinflate some of the bouncers (inflation #2). About an hour into the festivities a rain storm came with very strong winds. I really thought we were going to loose a child or two because they wouldn't get down. Needless to say, we had to turn the blowers off. We also had to move the band's equipment inside. I was helping with the electrical equipment, and I was becoming a little peterbed at the fact Josh wasn't out their helping us with the sound equipment.
I kept hearing the goats from the petting zoo making a lot of noise, and I turned around to look and I saw a man in a bright orange shirt (all of the "event staff" had on bright orange shirts) herding goats (he already had one under his left arm and he was rangling up another one with his right arm). And it was Josh!! I wish I had my camera out at that very second. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen in my life. Anyway, the rain didn't last very long. The event staff went out to check things out and starting blowing the bouncers up again (inflation #3). Then, about an hour after that the power went out in the neighborhood.
Everything deflated yet again!! Never fear though...a member of our church is on the fire department, and he brought a fire truck out there so we could use the generator. So, we got all the bouncers blown up again (inflation #4). The power finally came back on with about an hour left in the carnival, so we unplugged the generators and plugged everything back into the church's outlets (inflation #5).
Now, this may not seem like that big of a deal, but we had a bouncer, and obstacle course, a water slide, and a slip-n-dip (the last two had to have water put back in the pools each time). It was a quite stressful, but fun day.
Monday, June 4, 2007
Family Carnival
Posted by Josh, Jessica, and Alyssa at 11:37 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment