Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Bad Blogger Trying to Play Catch-up

Yeah, yeah, yeah…

I know.  I have not blogged in months!  It has been crazy around here.  So, when we left off we had just closed on the house and moved into the rental.  We closed on the house on September 15.  I was so glad to be out of the rental house.  I had never heard of, or seen, spider crickets before we moved in that place.  And, I hope I NEVER see them again.  Ugh…I get chills thinking about them.  Anyway, I forgot to take pictures of the rental.  It was a trip!  There was a pepto bismol pink bathroom (tile from floor to ceiling) and a mint green bathroom (all tile again).  But it was big enough we didn’t have to get a storage building so we didn’t complain. 

At the end of July I found out I had finally been accepted into the new teacher pool at MCS.  The next day I interviewed at Oakhaven High, and the principal offered me the job on the spot.  This was less than two weeks before I had to start.  So, I wasn’t able to give a full two week notice at GTx, but they were cool with it.  It was a sad day on my last day, but I have really enjoyed teaching.  I definitely have my hard days, but I have great kids for the most part.

Alyssa is doing great!  She is growing like a weed.  She started walking on her birthday which was super excited since we had so many family members in town for her party.  She has stayed in the 50th percentile for weight and around 75th for height.  This makes it hard to find pants that fit everywhere.  Usually, they are too big in the waist and too short. 

Anyway, I know you want pictures, so here you go!  These are my favorite pictures since July:

Alyssa showing us her ring

Alyssa practicing walking with her Uncle Chris

Hanging with my Grandaddy

Just chillin’ while eating dinner

 
Playing in my toy box

 
Again…

Video of Alyssa walking in the beginning days of walking

Played herself to sleep

Watching the dryer

Halloween parade at daycare
(Alyssa [bee], Bella [ladybug], Molly [bee], Kenzlee [lamb])

More parade

 
Trunk-n-treat at church
(our Sunday school class did Wizard of Oz theme)

Alyssa and Gavin

Glenda the good witch and Alyssa

Just giggling…showing off my teeth
(we have the front four on top and bottom, and both bottom molars are in and the top ones are coming in)

Riding her new car

Playing in her kitchen

Not really enjoying the snow

Josh’s dad came to town this past Sunday through Tuesday.  He took Alyssa to the children’s museum in Memphis on Monday.  These are some pictures he took while he was here.

Driving the fire truck

Playing policewoman

Dancing the night away

Me and my Grandpa playing in the snow

After this post, there are two more posts (Christmas 2010 and Alyssa’s birthday) finishing up my catch up session.  I will try to do better, but we don’t have great internet access right now.  I have to tether off my iphone to be able to get on the internet, so it is terribly slow.  I still haven’t even taken pictures of the finished house (I know, I know…I’m horrible), but I will try to do that this weekend so you can see the house.  Anyway, I hope you enjoy my updates.  And, sorry again for the slacking!  Love you all!!

No comments: