Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby

Thursday, December 4, 2008

Christmas at the Grabowski's

Well, it is that time of year again...the most wonderful time of the year. I absolutely LOVE Christmas time. I love the music, I love the decorations, and most of all I love what it stands for and means to me. I decorated really early this year (like almost three weeks ago). We have been out of town the past two weekends, and we will be gone again this weekend. We were supposed to be going to the SEC championship game, but that didn't work out. So, we are going back to Columbus for the weekend, which works out great for Josh because he is going hunting all weekend.

We had a great Thanksgiving break, as I hope all of you did. Josh's mom, Cynthia, came into town on Tuesday and stayed with us that night. We all went to Columbus on Wednesday after Josh and I got off work. We had lunch with my dad's family (and Josh's grandmother) Thursday, and then went to his aunt's house to visit for a while. Mom and I shopped some on Friday. Then it was back to Marion on Saturday. Cynthia's flight left early Sunday morning. After we dropped her off, we got back on the road to go to New Albany to eat with my mom's family. We got home late in the afternoon Sunday. It was great to see all of our family, especially Cynthia. I haven't seen her since our wedding (Josh went to Phoenix once since then for a meeting and got to visit with her). I know Annie, Pampaw, and Cheryl were glad to see her, too. It was hard saying goodbye. We miss you and love you, Cynthia!!

Now, to my house. There aren't many decorations, but here are some pictures of what our house looks like. I made all the bows (one on staircase, one on wreath, and two on lights by garage (not pictured)). We are supposed to have ice sickle lights around the house, but our ladder is too short. I was pretty bummed out when I found out. Oh, well...
our 9' tree, which I love!!


my cute country plate in the kitchen

our staircase with the stockings

the front door
(I want to by garland to go around it for next year)

a closer look at the wreath (my mom bought this wreath for me...
it had pine cones on it, which I took off and added small ball ornaments and a bow)

As already mentioned, we were out of town the weekend after my birthday. Josh took me back to Nashville to try again at the Rockettes. This year we were able to see the WHOLE show. I really enjoyed it; Josh not so much. We stayed at the Hyatt, which is across the street from the Opryland Hotel. They had everything decorated for Christmas, of coarse. It was absolutely amazing in the hotel. That place is so huge!! If you are ever in Nashville at Christmas, you have to go the the Opryland Hotel to see all the decorations! Here are a few pictures from that weekend.

one of the many Christmas trees in the hotel

Josh and Jack (Daniels, that is)

Me in front of one of the displays

a picture of the Grand Ole Opry House taken with my phone
(sorry for the bad quality...but it was taken with a phone)
So, I guess that is about it for us for now. Again, I hope you all had a blessed Thanksgiving with family and friends.

No comments: