Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
baby

Thursday, October 29, 2009

Mummy got a hair cut!!

Before I get to that...

We have been doing great here at the Grabowski house! Alyssa's colic is starting to get better. She started going to day care last week for a couple of days and she is going a couple of days this week. I think her getting out of the house for a little bit is really helping with her fussyness. Why? I don't know...maybe she was going stir crazy being in the house all day long. Who knows :) Since Alyssa isn't old enough to get the flu shot yet, Josh and I were basically forced to get it (we were going to anyway but...). The best way for her not to get it this year is for us not to bring it home. Makes sense...

Anyway, we took her to the doctor yesterday for her two month check up. She weighs 10.2 pounds (35%) and is 22 inches (35%). We forgot to get the head circumfrence (I know, bad parents). The doctore told us to go up on her formula again. So, she will start getting around 5 ounces starting next week (she's a little piggy). We will also start giving her some diluted apple juice to help with her bowl movements. No cereal yet, though. He said since she is so small we should wait for another couple months. He doesn't usually recommend cereal for babies under 4 months unless they are larger babies, which obviously she isn't. Josh was nice enough to take a before and after shots picture. I was a bad mother and left the room. I know...I am such a baby. But I couldn't stand to see them hurt her like that. She was a trooper though. She cried until we fed her. Poor thing was in shock the rest of the day, though :(
before
after

In other news, we took her to church for the first time last Sunday. She still couldn't go to the nursery since she hadn't had her shots yet. She'll start going this Sunday, though. She did really well. We had to get there early for choir practice (which she really seems to enjoy...I'll explain in a minute). I had to leave about five minutes before the end of the service because she was getting a little antsy. So, last Wednesday and yesterday I took her to choir practice with me. She slept through the entire practice both times. This is amazing in my opinion, especially last night. The song we are singing this Sunday has a large drum part, so Lee (our music minister) asked the Marion High School drum line to help out. So, we are in the sactuary practicing with a real drum line pounding away (it was LOUD), and she slept. My child has her daddy's appetite and sleeping abilities :) Here are a few pictures from before church.

posing with mommy

a little gummy grin :)

So, back to the title..."mummy got a hair cut." I know you have been on the edge of your seat wondering what that was about. As many of you know, I have donated my hair to locks of love twice before in the past. Well, Tuesday was time number 3! And it just so happened that Alyssa's onesie that day read "I love my mummy." Here are some before and after pictures of the back of my head.

before

after

Now, for your viewing pleasure...here are some random pictures from the last two weeks. I hope you all have a great rest of the week!

Alyssa's cute onesie that her grandmamma gave her

Alyssa holding her head up

my baby didn't feel well :(

another gummy grin...I love them!!

can't leave this one out :)

And, we finally get all of Alyssa's birth announcements out. Jenny Holloway did them. She did an amazing job. I highly recommend her for birth announcements, invitations, whatever. Go check her out. Here is a picture of it.

No comments: